Quick and healthy. Perfect as an on the go snack, I freeze them individually and then grab one out the night before I need one.
• ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
• ⅓ cup honey
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
• ¼ cup milk of choice (I used almond/coconut milk)
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
• 1 ¾ cups Rice Flour
• ⅓ Crushed almonds
• ½ Mixed berries
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees. If necessary, grease 12 cups of your muffin tin with olive oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. Add eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add the flour to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. If you’d like to add any additional mix-ins, like nuts, dark chocolate or dried fruit (I used mixed berries and Almonds)
4. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
5. Bake muffins for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
6. Then enjoy!